Becoming a Delegate is an exciting opportunity for you to represent Girl Scouts of Western New York on the National level. The Board Development committee is seeking a highly qualified, diverse pool of candidates for a limited number of Delegate positions.
If you’re interested in submitting yourself to be a Delegate to the National Council Session being held October 23-25, 2020, in Orlando, please read through the following requirements and responsibilities and complete the nomination form by January 24. Once completed, you can email the form to Blair Yaiser at email@example.com.
Requirements to be a National Council Delegate:
- A citizen of the United States.
- Registered Girl Scout – girl or adult
- Be 14 years of age or older.
- Available to attend the National Council Session (Oct. 23-25, 2020; GSWNY covers cost of travel)
- Committed to participate in delegate training sessions offered by the Council.
- Committed to three (3) year tenure as a Delegate.
- Committed to participating in National Council Session follow-up activities sponsored by the Council.
Each individual elected by the council as a voting member/delegate to the National Council holds a three-year term and takes personal responsibility to:
- Study all items on the agenda, including background information and recommendations of the National Board of Directors, and fully prepare and participate in discussions.
- Attend briefing and/or training meetings conducted by the council; participate in council, board, and associations meetings; and participate in council forums and focus groups, as requested.
- Obtain a broad array of the opinions of adult and older girl members from all parts of the council.
- Participate in teleconferences/webinars for voting members, sponsored by the national organization.
- Attend all business meetings and engage in opportunities to discuss, learn, and share ideas across the Movement.
- Report at the council’s annual meeting, to council board of directors and the council’s constituency (as requested) on the National Council decisions and the reasons for such decisions.
Complete the Nomination Form Here
Leave a Reply