Becoming a Delegate is an exciting opportunity for you to represent Girl Scouts of Western New York on the National level. The Board Development committee is seeking a highly qualified, diverse pool of candidates for a limited number of Delegate positions.
If you’re interested in submitting yourself to be a Delegate to the National Council Session being held October 23-25, 2020, in Orlando, please read through the following requirements and responsibilities and complete the nomination form by January 24. Once completed, you can email the form to Blair Yaiser at email@example.com.
Requirements to be a National Council Delegate:
- A citizen of the United States.
- Registered Girl Scout – girl or adult
- Be 14 years of age or older.
- Available to attend the National Council Session (Oct. 23-25, 2020; GSWNY covers cost of travel)
- Committed to participate in delegate training sessions offered by the Council.
- Committed to three (3) year tenure as a Delegate.
- Committed to participating in National Council Session follow-up activities sponsored by the Council.
Each individual elected by the council as a voting member/delegate to the National Council holds a three-year term and takes personal responsibility to:
- Study all items on the agenda, including background information and recommendations of the National Board of Directors, and fully prepare and participate in discussions.
- Attend briefing and/or training meetings conducted by the council; participate in council, board, and associations meetings; and participate in council forums and focus groups, as requested.
- Obtain a broad array of the opinions of adult and older girl members from all parts of the council.
- Participate in teleconferences/webinars for voting members, sponsored by the national organization.
- Attend all business meetings and engage in opportunities to discuss, learn, and share ideas across the Movement.
- Report at the council’s annual meeting, to council board of directors and the council’s constituency (as requested) on the National Council decisions and the reasons for such decisions.