Wishing you and your family a healthy and prosperous 2020 from everyone at Girl Scouts of Western New York! We can’t wait to see what this year will bring.
The New Year rolling around is practically synonymous with resolutions. There doesn’t seem to be a better time to change your life than at the start of a brand new year filled with hope and possibility.
If you’re a resolution person, you aren’t alone. Research shows that almost 60% of people admit to making New Year’s Resolutions. Unfortunately, the best intentions only carry us so far because only 8% are successful.
In a recent survey of 2,000 people, the numbers showed that despite how different we are, we’re largely looking to improve the same areas of our life. Whether it’s being healthier, planning to be financially responsible, bettering yourself, or learning something new, we all want this year to be different.
We have a way to help you make that difference.
Being a Girl Scout is about building and empowering yourself to take on the world. It doesn’t matter if you join as a girl or volunteer – we know you’ll walk away with the experience to check off your resolutions.
We hear from leaders that because they volunteer, they’re more active. Our girls participate in the Girl Scout Cookie sale, aka the largest girl-led business in the world. But it’s not just about selling delicious cookies; Girl Scouts learn about financial literacy and entrepreneurship along the way. Don’t even get us started on everything new you’ll learn as a Girl Scout.
If you really want to make a difference in your life or help shape your daughter’s life, join Girl Scouts today. For more than 100 years, we’ve been building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. We are for girls, by girls, always.
Here’s to making 2019 the best year ever!
We want to take a moment to wish everyone a happy and spectacular new year! We believe in your ability to keep your resolutions and make a difference in 2019. Thank you for everything you do!
In the world of Girl Scouts, we’re excited to make this the best year ever. Last year was an amazing year for both Western New York and Girl Scouts of the USA. Locally, we saw our membership grow and flourish. This excitement around Girl Scouts wasn’t only in our area.
Here’s a glimpse of GSUSA’s 2018:
- More than 570,000 Girl Scouts explored the outdoors at our camps, with 170,000 attending resident Girl Scout summer camps.
- More than 1 million girls participated in the Girl Scout Cookie Program, the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world.
- We’ve reached 450,000 underserved girls nationwide with Girl Scouts’ unrivaled leadership programming.
- 6,000 Gold Award Girl Scouts have tackled society’s grand challenges—— from curbing the use of plastic straws to combating human trafficking—— while still in high school!
- We released 30 new badges, including STEM badges in cybersecurity, mechanical engineering, environmental stewardship, robotics, and space science.
We can’t believe how amazing those numbers are. Not only the numbers, but the stories and impact behind each girl and experience.
Here’s to a fantastic 2019!