Our annual Women of Distinction (WOD) event is just over a month away! In true Girl Scout fashion, WOD is all girl-led. Women are chosen from around Western New York for their strength in character, dedication to community service, and commitment to mentoring and encouraging girls and young women.
Once selected, they’re paired with a Girl Scout from our council to mentor. The event honors these women by inviting their Girl Scouts to speak about their mentorship experience.
Check out the 2019 Women of Distinction honorees:
- Christine Bonaguide, Esq.: Partner, Hodgson Russ LLP (Erie County)
- Linda Clark, M.D.: Doctor of Preventive/Occupational Medicine, Founder and CEO, Clark Occupational Medicine Services (Monroe County)
- Tory Irgang: Executive Director, Chautauqua Region Community Foundation (Chautauqua County)
- Candace Johnson, Ph.D.: President and CEO, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Erie County)
- Joyce A. Markiewicz: Chief Business Development Officer, Catholic Health (Erie County)
- Nadia Pizzaro: Homeless Services Director, BestSelf Behavioral Health, Inc. (Erie County)
- Katherine Conway-Turner, Ph.D.: President, State University of New York at Buffalo State (Erie County)
- Lori Van Dusen: Founder and CEO, LVW Advisors (Monroe County)
- Linda Zakrzewski: Volunteer of Distinction, Teacher, Family and Consumer Science, School 81 Buffalo (Erie County)
Visit gswny.org to get your tickets today!