Girl Scouts of Western New York will be closed for our Spring Holiday Break from Monday, May 25, 2020 through May 29, 2020. We will reopen on Monday, June 1, 2020. There will be no Member Essentials communication sent next week. In an emergency, please call 1-800-882-9268.
June Renewal Campaign
As many of you are aware, GSWNY usually runs a “Spring Renewal” campaign in March-April, when we encourage current members to renew their memberships for the following Girl Scout year (which begins October 1). We opted to postpone our early renewal campaign until June, and we are excited to get started! June Renewal is a great way to get your membership settled for next year and qualify for some great incentive drawings.
- While our campaign officially runs June 1-30, members who renew prior to 6/1 will qualify for all time-related incentives and drawings.
- We have updated our renewal incentives – see them all here . All girls who renew during June will earn the GSUSA Renewal patch, and those who renew by June 7 will also earn the brand new GSWNY patch – so new it’s not yet available for purchase! We’re also offering lots of Best Year Ever pack drawings for girls, co-leaders and troops who renew by June 30. And who knows, there might even be some pop-up prizes too!
- We understand that families may be experiencing financial hardship and wish to remind our Girl Scout families that we have financial assistance available for girl and volunteer membership renewal that you can select during the renewal process.
- Please note: our signature Renewal perk, Sage Tuition Rewards points, will be earned by girls, co-leaders and service unit managers who renew by September 30. Each SAGE Point equals $1 in tuition/scholarship at over 400 colleges and universities. Girl renewal earns 2,500 points and Co-Leader/SUM renewal earns 3,500 points. That means a $25 girl membership renewal equals $2,500 in college savings!
- Contact Customer Care with any questions!
Are you ready to renew now? Head to our Renewal page to get started!
Volunteers held a “virtual friendship circle” during the Virtual Celebration on 4-29-20 to celebrate Volunteer Appreciation Month.
Shop for Gold Award Swag Online
Our retail shops may currently be closed, but you can still visit our online shop to purchase the items below and more! Standard shipping is free on all online orders, no minimum purchase necessary.
Surveys are open! At Girl Scouts, we care about your opinions and experience, and we need your help to understand what’s working and what’s not. Check your email for your personal invitation to take the Girl Scout Voices Count survey and share your thoughts. We want to hear from you! (Service unit volunteers will be surveyed in June.)
National Webinars: Week of May 18 to 22
Tips for Troop Leaders – LIVE: Leading Engaging Virtual Meeting with Your Daisies and Brownies (Yes, It’s Possible!)
Wednesday, May 20 | 8:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
You love that your youngest go-getters are energetic and excited about Girl Scouts, but that very energy is what makes it challenging to capture their attention and keep your virtual meeting on track. In this webcast, we’ll talk with three troop leaders about how they successfully manage virtual meetings with their Daisies and Brownies.
LIVE! Awesome Girls: World Centre Challenge Tour of Our Chalet
Wednesday, May 20 | 3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
During the live event we’ll be demonstrating tips and tricks to get everything to fit in your bag. An important part of packing is choosing the right items to bring. To help you think about what items you need for an international trip, when you join the live event we encourage you to have a carry-on sized bag and some items you would need for an international trip, including clothing. Then you can practice your packing skills live with us.
LIVE! Awesome Girls: World Centre Challenge Tour of Pax Lodge
Thursday, May 21 | 6:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Join Pax Lodge for a tour of our World Centre in Hampstead, North London. After the tour, test your knowledge by taking a fun, short quiz. Then, join us for an activity where you will learn to make origami doves. There will also be a chance to ask questions about Pax Lodge, what life is like here in the UK, and how you can come and visit us.
LIVE! Awesome Girls: World Centre Challenge Tour of Our Cabana
Friday, May 22 | 12:45 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Join Our Cabaña for a tour of our World Centre in the “City of Eternal Spring,” Cuernavaca, Mexico. After the tour, show off your creative side by making your own Lucha Libre mask. There will also be a chance to ask questions about Our Cabaña, what life is like here in Mexico, and how you can come and visit us.
Have you completed the 2020 Census?
Watch weekdays at 3:12 p.m. on GSWNY’s Facebook Page to see videos from staff and membership.
THIS WEEK: Girl Scout Traditions
- 5-18-20: Hiking & Trail Signs
- 5-19-20: Girl Scout Uniforms
- 5-20-20: Girl Scout History: Cookies & SWAPS
- 5-21-20: Juliette Gordon Low, Our Inspirational Founder
- 5-22-20: Girl Scout Promise and Law
GET CAUGHT UP: View previous videos on YouTube, including last week’s Health and Wellness videos.
- Guided Nature Meditation (Meditation MP3 download)
- I Am A Rainbow! Yoga with Kidding Around Yoga with Donna
- Paper Plate Awards
- Happy Hiking with Girl Scout Arianna
- Mindful Coloring
- DIY Windchimes
Girl Scouting at Home
Looking for ways to stay involved with Girl Scouts? Check out our Girl Scouting at Home page today! We regularly add new resources, including new Virtual Badge Work for all Girl Scout Levels on Thursdays!
Girl Scouts Doing Good Things
Our Girl Scouts are putting their ingenuity to work and doing great things across our WNY community. Check out a few examples below.
We are #GirlScoutStrong! Looking forward to talking to you in two weeks! In the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Customer Care firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-837-6410. In an emergency, please call 1-800-882-9268.
Categories: Member Essentials