Dear GSWNY Members,
Thank you for your patience as we work on our upgraded membership system VS 2.0. We apologize as there may be a slight delay in our Customer Care Team’s response time as we adjust to the new workflow. We always strive to give the very best customer service to each of you and want you to know how important you are to us.
Please see the important announcements below and for questions, please contact Customer Care email@example.com or call 1-888-837-6410. In an emergency, please call 1-800-882-9268.
Are you participating in the online Cookie Program?
Cookie ordering has been open for 10 days so far! As a reminder, girls who sell 24 packages online will earn the #Buzzz Online patch.
Questions about the Cookie Program? Visit our Cookie Page for additional resources and support.
New: Coffee Break with Your Product Program Team
Starting the first week of January, our Product Program Team is going live weekly to go over different topics and answer your cookie questions.
You’re invited to join them Wednesday, January 6, at 1 p.m. as they welcome everyone to the 2021 Cooke Program, discuss our new cookie, show how to send e-cards with direct ship options, how to register, and more!
All videos will premiere on our Facebook page and be available after for viewing on demand.
- Cheddar Up is an on-line account payment platform, Troops can continue to collect funds via cash and check.
- As of the 2021-2022 membership year, Cheddar Up will be the only approved on-line payment platform to be used by GSWNY troops.
- Each collection page (including cookies and the Fall Sale) created provides an option for you to record the receipt of on-line payment, cash and checks to keep a full accounting of all payments made to the troop.
Council has received a number of questions and the Cheddar Up FAQ has the answers to many of them. We highly encourage you to please follow the FAQ link and take time to review it.
What do I need to do to start using Cheddar Up?
- Get started by creating your FREE Cheddar up account. Just follow the instructions you receive in your Welcome email from Cheddar Up. Didn’t receive the Welcome email? (Check your junk/spam folders!) Contact Cheddar Up Support at firstname.lastname@example.org . Give them your first and last name, GSWNY Troop # and email. Make sure you only create your account using the link in this welcome email, because it will give you access to perks (free monthly subscription plans!) and special tools specific to GSWNY. Once your account set-up is complete, you are ready to dig in and set up your collections.
If you don’t see the information you are looking for, have additional questions, or need help:
- Contact Cheddar Up Support at email@example.com
Schedule a live chat 9-5 pm, M-F: https://my.cheddarup.com/contact
Girl Scouts: We want to hear from you!
We are looking for 6 girls to join the Recruitment Team for a Facebook Live conversation. Are you having a good Girl Scout Troop experience that you want to share? Is your troop meeting virtually? Have you completed a badge? Have you completed a community service project? If you answered yes to any of these questions, are a current Daisy-Cadette Girl Scout and have a story to share please complete the survey below and a member of the GSWNY Recruitment Team will contact you about joining an upcoming Facebook Live Conversation on your experience.
Retail Item of the Week: GSWNY Ornament
For this week only, our GSWNY Ornament is on sale for $8! Check out this refined wooden ornament that is the perfect addition to your holiday decorations! This ornament is made of Birchwood with wood-burned border with the GSWNY acronym.
Do you have a crafty Girl Scout? This is a perfect ornament to paint and decorate together, too! The ornament measures 2.75″ x 3.5″ and has a red satin ribbon for easy hanging. Email your local shop today to set up a time/date for Curbside Pickup.
How to Order:
- Place your order via email by emailing the shop location you want to pick it up from. Include a daytime phone number for the shop staff to contact you.
- Await confirmation from the shop staff that your order is complete with the total amount due.
- Make payment via debit or credit card and choose pick up day and time with retail staff during confirmation call. Current Pick up hours: Monday from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & Wednesday 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- Arrive at scheduled location on pick up day and time.
Girl Scouting at Home
Looking for ways to stay involved with Girl Scouts? Check out our Girl Scouting at Home page today! New resources are added regularly.
New Patch Challenge: GSWNY Feeds New York
Help fight hunger in our community while earning the GSWNY Feeds NY Challenge Patch. Be part of this council-wide effort to combat hunger through knowledge, awareness and support of our local food banks. Have fun completing these activities and sharing the results.
Badge in a Box Clear Out!
This is the last chance to get the boxes currently available in limited quantities, as they won’t be available after the New Year. The Daisy Outdoor Art Maker, Junior Independence, Cadette Special Agent, Senior Space Science Expert, Ambassador Programming Robots, and Democracy boxes are now only $5.
The boxes will be available for curbside pick-up at the Buffalo, Rochester, Lockport, and Jamestown Service Centers. Please fill out the following survey, and be sure to include the number of Girl Scouts in your troop that will need kits. Request your Badge in a Box today!
Looking for more options? Head to girlscouts.org for even more at-home opportunities for your Girl Scout.
Girl Scouts Doing Good Things
Troop 30711 was recognized on 11-23-20 as “Citizens of the Month” by Erie County, NY and Legislator Joseph Lorigo. Last year, the Troop joined with other Troops in East Aurora to dedicate a Tiny Library in honor of Patricia Whittington, a volunteer leader and former Girl Scout who had just celebrated her 50th Anniversary as a volunteer and member of the Girl Scouts family.
Troop 30711 pivoted to meet the needs of the community and transformed it into a Tiny Pantry for use by families struggling through the pandemic. Sophia Benzin was also recognized for her work making children’s masks for local hospitals. Congratulations to Troop members Sophia Benzin, Nicole Koch, Ashlyn Houghton, and Bethany Francis. Thank you to Troop co-leaders Julie Benzin and Erin Francis.
We are #GirlScoutStrong! Looking forward to talking to you next Tuesday! In the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Customer Care firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-837-6410. In an emergency, please call 1-800-882-9268.