One of the best events of the year is only two weeks away. Every year, we celebrate eight amazing women in the Western New York area for their character, dedication to community, and passion for mentoring girls and women. The event is appropriately called Women of Distinction.
Like all of our events, it’s a girl-led ceremony prominently featuring our Girl Scouts. In fact, eight girls will spend time shadowing and learning from one the honorees. At the awards, she’ll share her experience.
This year, we have the privilege of honoring:
- Lindsay Cray: Co-Founder & Executive Director, Earthworks, Inc. (Monroe County)
- Rosanne Frandina: President of Frandina Engineering and Land Surveying (Erie County)
- Althea E. Luehrsen: CEO, Leadership Buffalo, Inc. (Erie County)
- Patti Ann Pacino: Batavia City Council Member (Genesee County)
- Venus Quates: President and CEO, launchTECH (Erie County)
- Dr. Dilara Samadi: OB/GYN, Buffalo Medical Group (Erie County)
- Honorable Joanne Winslow: Associate Justice of the New York State Supreme Court (Monroe County)
- Betsy Wright: President, UPMC Chautauqua WCA Hospital (Chautauqua County)
This event isn’t limited to Girl Scouts, either; we’d love to have you with us! This year we’re celebrating at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Buffalo Thursday, September 20, with the evening’s events beginning at 5:30 p.m.
If you’re interested, please visit our website to learn more and order your tickets.
To learn more about the experiences and passions of former honorees, check out The Girl Scout Difference campaign for their stories.
Interested in Being a Sponsor?
Sponsorship opportunities for organizations of all sizes exist. Invest in the future of girls today by sponsoring an event – 100% of your investment will stay in Western New York to help girls develop important leadership skills. Learn about sponsor opportunities by viewing our sponsorship packet and change the world by investing in girls today!
For more information about this event or becoming a sponsor contact Eileen Hettich at 1.888.837.6410 x6030 or email