Welcome to the second year of this exciting recruitment campaign! We’re so excited to do it again, especially with our fun new changes for 2019. There are two pieces to this contest: a Service Unit challenge and prize and a challenge to start 10 new troops.
Criteria for the Service Unit Challenge
- Hold at least one new member recruitment event between January 7 and March 3, 2019.
- For each recruitment event you host you earn one entry to win. The more events you hold, the more chances you have of winning! You must fill out one Wufoo form to be entered. The form can be found here: https://gswny.wufoo.com/forms/su-recruitment-contest-2019
- We will choose one winner of our prize which is a Glow Dance Party Kit for you to use as a Service Unit event. Glow dances are increasingly popular, and with the kit it will be very easy to host an amazing event for your girls. The kit includes black lights, glow in the dark body paint, glow sticks, and everything else you would need! You can host the party as a standalone event, as part of a SUCO, or as a yearend celebration.
- Please reach out to your SU’s CES for any support you will need including flyers or promotional materials.
Criteria for the New Troop Challenge
- The goal of this challenge is to form 10 new troops across GSWNY between January 7 and March 3, 2019.
- The first ten troops to form with at least five girls and two registered, trained, and approved co-leaders will receive a $50 gift certificate to the GSWNY shop or a retail store of their choosing.
- Please promote this challenge at any recruitments you host during the Snow Much Fun period so new troops in your SU can be eligible. New troops will be added to the Opportunity Catalog prior to January 7 and they will be clearly marked for this promotion. We can give you the eligible troop numbers prior to any event you host if you’d like. Please reach out to your CES with questions.
Thank you for your help in adding new girls and adult members to Girl Scouts! Good luck!